This delicious vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe is so tasty your mouth will be watering. It’s filling and once finished your belly will be feeling satisfied. Just enough heat to spice up the flavour but not enough to overpower the meal.
With very few ingredients it’s easy and quick to make.The perfect meal when you are in a hurry and not sure what to make. Serve them to your family or bring them to a potluck. People will enjoy so not to worry about disappointment.
What you’ll need…
- 1-2 cups grated white organic cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place peppers in baking dish and coat with olive oil. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until softened and transparent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix rice, baked bans, tomatoes, and cooked onion in a large bowl. Add chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir until evenly mixed. Fold half the amount of cheese into rice mixture. Remove peppers from oven and spoon rice mixture into each pepper. Sprinkle with remaining amount of cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
For more vegetarian and vegan meal ideas check out our 10 day vegan meal plan here.