We all know what it’s like to enjoy wing Wednesday or kick back and watch the game while chowing down on some wings. But then the guilt and awful stomach pains settle in afterwards. You can skip all that with these healthy, yummy baked cauliflower wings.
Don’t let the name affect your judgement. Take the plunge. Try them out and after trying these baked cauliflower wings you will most likely ditch conventional wings and start craving these ones. Believe it!!
1 head cauliflower, large stalks removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp masala spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 6-8 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (Thai Kitchen is my favourite)
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp water
Steps to take
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper so the wings don’t stick.
- Prepare the batter: mix dry ingredients together, and the add almond milk and 6 Tbsp water to start. Stir with a whisk or fork until well combined. You want the batter thick but pourable. If it’s to thick then add 1-2 more tbsp of water.
- Once the oven is preheated, coat cauliflower with batter. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together curry paste, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Add just a bit of water to thin so it resembles a glaze consistency.
- Once the cauliflower has finished baking, remove from oven. Place in bowl with glaze and stir gently until coated. Place back on baking sheet and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until browned on the edges and the glaze has caramelized.
- Let cauliflower cool slightly and then serve immediately. They are best when fresh.
For more VEGAN Recipes….
Check out True Form’s 10 day vegan meal plan here.