So every once in a while when I feel like a change I try a raw food recipe. It became more apparent the more I looked for raw food recipes the more times The Rawtarian’s website popped up. I’m not sure where I got the inspiration from but I decided to reach out one day to see if Laura-Jane (The Rawtarian) would join me on Exploring Mind and Body. To my surprise she answered and before long we booked her in and talked about her journey to raw food and how it’s helped her live a healthier lifestyle. If you’d like to check out that show, you can do so here.
Once again to my surprise, Laura-Jane, then asked me if I’d join her on ‘The Rawtarian’s’ podcast. This was super exciting because at this point I haven’t been on someone else’s podcast before and haven’t done too many interviews.
So we set a date and the day came and what was most surprising to me was how difficult it was to be interviewed. Even though I’ve been on air for over 3 years and conduct interviews what seems like on a weekly basis at times, it was shockingly difficult to be on the other end of the mic. Although I felt like I rambled a bit I think The Rawtarian did a great job keeping the interview flowing and me on track.
Some key tips to take away from this interview:
- Our debate on whether exercise is more effective alone or nutrition to live a healthy lifestyle
- Putting all the pieces of a puzzle together to make an entire picture. I.e. food, exercise, habits and more (all talked about in the interview).
- Trying different methods and avoiding what Einstein calls ‘insanity’ (dong the same thing over and over again and expecting different results).
- Understanding we lack nutrients and how Complete Truth Protein can help
- Try not to jump in with two feet.
- Small changes are sustainable changes.
- The importance of habits.
- Finding a starting point, of 3 different exercises (pushups, sit ups and squats), twice a week to start to develop positive habits to take you closer to your health goals.
It was an absolute pleasure being on the show. To be honest I didn’t know what it was like when people would say to me after an interview ‘thanks so much, that was fun!’. It really was, I loved our debate and being interviewed, it was a cool experience being on the other side of the mic.
So thanks so much to Laura-Jane (The Rawtarian) for having me on the show, for all of you checking out this post and that will have a listen and to The Rawtarian’s community as well.
Click here to listen to the full show of Food vs Exercise.